Thursday, May 17, 2012

Whole30 Day 9 & Day 10

Whole30 Day 9 & 10

Day 9 – I used ground turkey to make taco meat. Can’t use that pre-packaged seasoning because, oh my, do you KNOW what is in that? Instead I used a combination of salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, & green salsa (my first experience with green salsa and I give it two thumbs up). Matt ate his like normal taco-eating people do, topped with the works. I ate mine over a salad sans dressing - I used the liquid from the homemade guac and mango salsa instead. Topped it off with fresh tomatoes, black olives (read those labels!), and fresh jalapeno. Mmm!

Day 10 – Last night Matt made dinner for us and oh yummy-kins was it good. He made a dry rub for a pork butt, stuck in the crock pot over onions & wha-la! 6 – 10 hours later we get pure deliciousness. He shredded his to make pulled pork and ate it in soft tortilla shells. I ate my portion topped with the brothy goodness from the meat & onions, and steamed carrots on the side. Sooo tastay!

As far as my body – yesterday I was a little achey and exhausted. I am not sure why that is as it has not been the case so far – maybe it has something to do with the stormy weather we’ve been having? Any thoughts as to why?

Thanks for following this journey with me!

Here’s the recipe for the pork – do yourself a favor and try it out!
Beyond Easy Pulled Pork
4-5 lb pork butt roast
2 yellow onions, sliced
Dry Rub
3 tbsps chili powder
1 tsp coriander
2 tsps cumin
2 tsps onion powder
1 tablespoon dried parsley
¼ teaspoon chipotle powder
2 tsps sea salt

Mix all dry rub ingredients together. Rub the entire roast with the dry rub (you should use it all.) Place a layer of onions on the bottom of your slow cooker. Place the roast on top. Put the rest of the sliced onions on top of the slow cooker. NO LIQUID NECESSARY! Cook the roast on high for 5-6 hours and then turn down to low for another 3-4 hours or until the roast is literally falling apart and easy to shred. Enjoy!

No comments: