May 22: The Loves of My Day
1. Laughter is the Best Medicine – We have concluded that we have fruit flies – they are driving me crazy and hard to get rid of. Don’t worry, we are taking proper precautions; no, we don’t have any old food (they can come from outside or come in on your produce – which we have been buying A LOT of over the last few weeks with my Whole30 adventure); & no, that is not one of the loves of my day. Earlier yesterday Matt gave himself a haircut and, in a hurry, left his mess to clean up later. When I came around the corner into the bathroom, I had fruit flies on the mind, and screamed when I saw what I THOUGHT was little bugs covering the bathroom floor. That little comical event allowed me to laugh during something that I don’t think is very funny at all. Also, I am thankful for a husband who will scope out the premises for me.
2. Yesterday just wasn’t my day but I was so thankful to end it celebrating Taco Tuesday with Family – I even spiced up my life and didn’t get my “usual” tacos. Sometimes “spicing up” is just what I need!
3. Oh sweet aroma of Starbucks – how does anyone resist you? Even Charlie is excited to visit the “Coffee Store”.

3 comments:
So cute!! I've had fruit flies before, they suck so much. A helpful way to get rid of them is to put apple cider vinegar and dish soap into a shallow bowl (other people have used bottles, so the flies cant fly back out but I didn't find that helpful) and leave it out for a couple days. The fruit flies are attracted to the apple cider vinegar and get stuck in the dish soap. Super gross to clean out, but seriously decreases your fly population!
I'm jealous about Taco Tuesday and the coffee store. We miss you guys!
Catching up with the Bartram Furlongs was the highlight of my Tuesday. Xoxo
Post a Comment