Thursday, June 14, 2012

{Inside Mailbox}


Yesterday, I was forced to go into Home Goods because Michael’s was out of the chargers I wanted. That’s right, it’s Michael’s fault. There are always unique finds from around the world – I love to just browse. I found this super cool metal mailbox painted an aqua color & had a kind of worn feel. Oh the love.


It kind of looked like this, but the one at Home Goods was just prettier - and the flag wasn't red, it matched:


Well, I haven’t been able to get the idea of an indoor mailbox out of my mind since! Imagine the possibilities – check the mail from the outside world then check the mail from the inside world. Little surprises and presents and letters. Hiding bills and random items when guests come over in a speed round of “clean up, clean up”. An overall perrrrrfect item.


I started looking up mailboxes online – did you know there were so many kinds!?


Oh my dear goodness. Etsy will be the death of me. I love the vintage wall mount mailboxes that come with a key! I really like the ones that say "Mail" or “Letters” on them – there’s no denying. This is one of my faves (this one isn't etsy).


 & this baby – whew! Brings a tear to my eye.



Good thing this guy is taken. My bank account and hubby would not be happy with me for laying down the big bucks. But wowza – how cool!



We have really gotten lame with our mailbox designs this generation, haven’t we? Shame.


Anyway - anyone want to get me  late birthday present? early Christmas? Just because I love you??




No comments: