Today I went to UCF to declare a minor in Education. Because a Bachelors of Science in Psychology isn't the full 120 credit hours required to graduate, many psych students pick up a minor. I have been looking into classes and subject areas that interest me since summer time, and have registered & re-registered for classes. After contemplating a minor in Communication Sciences & Disorder, Sociology, and a few others, I have officially decided on education. I have always been passionate about teaching. In fact, when I originally applied to UCF, I applied as an education major. My AP Psychology course in high school changed my mind, however, and I have thoroughly enjoyed every course taken in that field so far. At this point in my life, I am not sure where I will end up. My thoughts right now are that I will either teach high school (which is why a minor in education would be beneficial) or to continue on with grad school and eventually be a Mental Health Counselor - or maybe even both! I just know that I want to touch the lives of others, even if it's just for a short time. When it comes down to it, though, I really just want to be a wife and mom, and build a beautiful family. I can't imagine how different my life would be if my mom hadn't stayed home with us. I hope that I can be as good of mom as she is. Where ever I end up, I know that what I am learning now will help me in my future - I love learning! But! Only time will tell. I'm just excited at this step in the right direction!
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
4/365 - Declaring a Minor
Today I went to UCF to declare a minor in Education. Because a Bachelors of Science in Psychology isn't the full 120 credit hours required to graduate, many psych students pick up a minor. I have been looking into classes and subject areas that interest me since summer time, and have registered & re-registered for classes. After contemplating a minor in Communication Sciences & Disorder, Sociology, and a few others, I have officially decided on education. I have always been passionate about teaching. In fact, when I originally applied to UCF, I applied as an education major. My AP Psychology course in high school changed my mind, however, and I have thoroughly enjoyed every course taken in that field so far. At this point in my life, I am not sure where I will end up. My thoughts right now are that I will either teach high school (which is why a minor in education would be beneficial) or to continue on with grad school and eventually be a Mental Health Counselor - or maybe even both! I just know that I want to touch the lives of others, even if it's just for a short time. When it comes down to it, though, I really just want to be a wife and mom, and build a beautiful family. I can't imagine how different my life would be if my mom hadn't stayed home with us. I hope that I can be as good of mom as she is. Where ever I end up, I know that what I am learning now will help me in my future - I love learning! But! Only time will tell. I'm just excited at this step in the right direction!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment