Thursday, February 21, 2013
Our Washington DC Trip - Part 4
As I mentioned before, DC was just an added bonus of traveling up that way for Matt (not my Matt - a different Matt) & Sarah's big day... SO - Matt, the groom & the fellow groomsmen had themselves a little outing that night at a place called TopGolf which Matt tells me is awesome. I don't really get it so, here, this is how he describes it:
TopGolf is basically a hybrid between a golf range and electronic dart boards. That's right, picture a golfing range with the normal 8-10 greens ranging from 30-300 yards, but each of the greens is a huge electronic dart board. The bull's-eye for each of these holes is the flag, and the closer you get to the flag, the more points you earn. The further the hole is from the driving platform, the more points it's worth. Basically, sinking it in the closer hole can earn me between 1-3 points, or if I drive the ball 250+ yards, I can land myself somewhere between 1-10 points depending on how close I get to the hole. You might be wondering how we kept track of score. Well, it's amazingly simple. The balls TopGolf uses are all embedded with a microchip that is assigned to the player, and when you sink one down range, the system recognizes who to give the credit to. Yes, it IS that awesome, and yes, you SHOULD do this if you have the opportunity. Plus they have pretty good food!
He didn't get home until after midnight. I, on the other hand, climbed in bed around, oh, I'd say 7 PM and fell asleep around 9. I am such a party child, I am telling you.
The next morning we checked out of our hotel & carpooled with the Groom & other Groomsmen to Delaware. We arrived at the ceremony site & then went over to the reception site where we were thrilled to help with the finishing touches. The bride did such a great job with her 'vision' and all of her DIY projects looked great!
After freshening up at the hotel, it was time for the rehearsal & rehearsal dinner. I especially loved the bride & groom's matching t-shirts. Super cute.
Oh, and the dinner? DELICIOUS.
Here is the gift they gave to Matt to thank him for being the Best Man:
The entire wedding party and any out-of-town family (along with the bride & groom) all stayed in the same hotel, which made it really convenient & fun! After the rehearsal, the wedding party (and significant others - you know, me) all hung out in a conference room of the hotel and played games/got acquainted. It was fun. Matt brought in a few cases of soda for a special "recycling project" so everyone drank up (or pretended to) so we had plenty of cans... However, the bride, even after driving away the next day dragging cans behind, still didn't realize what the special "recycling project" was - bless her heart.
The next day was the big day! The girls got ready on the second floor and the guys got ready on the third. I am telling you - convenient.
My honey looked SO handsome - oh my dear, I couldn't stand it.
The ceremony was at a beautiful state park and the weather was perfect. We took every opportunity to capture the day!
The ceremony began and it was just beautiful. The bridesmaids wore navy blue dresses - different styles and lengths - and it looked great. When the groom came in, he greeted each groomsman with high-fives and stood waiting for his bride.
She was STUNNING. Whenever I see a bride & groom get choked up, I can't help but get a huge lump in my throat. Consider my throat to have had a huge lump in it.
The reception was SO fun!
The wedding party was introduced
Followed up the Bride & Groom's first dance
Mother/Son Dance
Dinner was delicious, the photobooth was fun, and goodies at the sweet bar were tasty
Lots of dancing
My honey gave his toast (as did the Maid of Honor) and the cake was cut...and slightly smashed
The bouquet and garter were tossed
They had a bubble exit & were off! Notice our "recycling project"? Yep.
You guys, it was so fun and so beautiful. I am telling you - when you get to celebrate love with others, you just can't help but be filled with joy!
The next morning the Groom's parents were kind enough to drive us to the airport. I am going to go ahead and tell you that it was the smallest airport you've ever seen in your life. This is serious, you guys. It had two gates in the whole airport and only ONE of them was open.
When the plane arrived (a propeller plane, I might add, NOT - I repeat - NOT a jet engine) we had to walk out and climb up a stair case like you see in the movies. Okay, obviously I am not a frequent flyer but I just expected for all of the planes to connect to the jetway!
So, we checked our carry-ons.... right, our carry-ons... because the plane was too small. & then it basically felt like the entire plane was vibrating the entire flight, accompanied by a loud noise. You know that tingling feeling you get in your feet after they've been touching something that has been rattling (like maybe a rollercoaster or something)? Yeah. I mean, is this even a real plane? We should have known what we were getting into with an airport named Wicomico.
Anyway, so we then connected in Charlotte, NC and that airport was pretty much the opposite of Wicomico. It was gigantic and had all the wonderful things an airport should have - you know, like more than one open gate. If you want a drink or snack at Wicomico - look no further, they have 2 vending machines for you to choose from. BUT If you want something at the Charlotte airport then get excited because they have six - count 'em, SIX - Starbucks, so no worries. Along with lots of restaurants, fast food places, fro-yo, gift shops, even someone to give you breath mints in the bathroom.
In all seriousness, both flights were great. & to pass the time we sipped on Gingerale and watched National Treasure. I am sure the guy next to us got tired of hearing "we went there! Oh - we saw that!" but that's okay. What better way to end our trip than to watch Nicholas Cage look for buried treasure in the city we just experienced for the first time?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment