Sunday, February 14, 2010

42/365 - Valentines Day!


Matt and I had decided not to get gifts for each other for Valentine's Day so that we could go out and do something fun. As a compromise, Matt decided to get a gift for both of us. We had been talking about playing tennis together since our complex has tennis courts, so he got us each a racket and some tennis balls so we could play! He did get me the headband that I had been wanting too, but shh! I can't wait to play tennis with him!
For dinner, I wanted to do something special for Matt so I looked up a recipe and didn't let him come upstairs until everything was ready. I made chicken with creamy bruschetta pasta and it turned out really good (publix recipes are always safe!), and decorations consisted of flowers and candles. Although, I have always been slightly afraid of lighters (the fire just comes out so abruptly!), so I made Matt stand outside the door with a lighter and I handed him each candle then put it in its place inside. It was really beautiful (I couldn't get a good picture) and a great end to a wonderful weekend! Happy Valentines Day, all!

No comments: