Saturday, February 13, 2010

41/365 - NiceServe!



NiceServe is a project organized by Summit Church here in Orlando. They set up lots of service projects with non-profit organizations, and volunteers can sign up for them to help better the community. Several Phi Lambs signed up for different projects. Matt and I signed up for the same project, Green Up, along with some guys from KYX and girls from Theta Alpha (the other Christian sorority on campus). We helped expand a local park, and can I just say that is was FREEZING cold! Matt helped tear down an old boardwalk, and I helped pull "invasive plant species". We had a great time and it was fun serving our community with a group of Christian volunteers.
Later tonight we decided to go out to celebrate Valentines Day, so that we don't have to be out with the rest of the world tomorrow night. We went to dinner at Olive Garden, and then saw the movie "Valentine's Day", which I thought was cute. For dessert, we got a slice of 'Chris's Outrageous Chocolate Cake' - our favorite dessert from Cheesecake Factory. We didn't want to be late to our movie, so I crammed the box into my purse and hid it under my jacket. I felt like I should be on Men in Black or something ;-)

No comments: