Friday, August 6, 2010

Since Februray...

Well, I obviously didn't get very far with blogging everyday. Missing a day here, and missing a day there turned into a snowball effect which left me a little bit "ashamed" to blog at all ;-) Despite that, I feel like I should post a little update about what's happened since February. I may not do it all at once - I'm not promising anything when it comes to blogging! :-)

We celebrated my Dad's birthday in March! It's always good to be home with family.

We spent the day in Amelia Island with Stan, Kayti, & Ty. It is such a beautiful town, and I love all the antique shops. This was the weekend of the Concours d'Elegance car show, so we saw lots of cool cars during our trip. Matt's parents treated us to an amazing dinner at 'The Beech Street Grill' - a reservation only place that we some how managed to walk in and get a table! So good!

Matt and I spent some time exploring downtown Orlando & had a blast! We ate at this yummy pizza place and took a stroll around Lake Eola.

I finished up my Junior Achievement lessons and went weekly to spend time with this wonderful first grade class! It was such a rewarding experience and made me look forward to having a class of my own someday!

This picture is from Phi Lamb's Spring '10 chapter retreat with my littles, Lauren & Elizabeth. We always have such a great time growing spiritually and uniting as a sorority. Bears, oh my!

As always, we celebrated Easter on the farm in Georgia with Mike, Liz & the rest of the family! Great company & great food, and four-wheeling is always a blast!

Matt and I surprised Amy at Bahama Breeze for her 19th birthday! She had been complaining that we weren't coming home for her birthday, and when she saw us waiting at the table she responded with "what?? You jerks!" - The exact response I was hoping for!

Phi Lamb's spring formal was "Old Hollywood" themed and was on an outside terrace downtown. I love a chance to get dressed up and dance, especially if it's under the stars. It was beautiful and Matt loved wearing his suspenders ;-)

Loof and I discovered a cool German restaurant with authentic German food and live German entertainment - Hollerbach's Willowtree Cafe. Ticky tocky, ticky tocky - aye aye aye!

In April we celebrated my 21st birthday. The first picture is from dinner at P.F. Chang's with some of my girls. The second is the next night. After dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe, Matt, Loof and I went to see the Blue Man Group. Such an awesome show!

Spring Initiation we welcomed our beautiful Epsilon PC, especially our two new additions to the Brooklyn Family.

Since we couldn't be home, we celebrated my birthday the next weekend with family. My dad made the meal of my choice, and we had Raspberry Elegance cake from Publix - my favorite. That bottom box in the first picture is a Wii fit! I was so excited!
& I don't have any pictures, but we also went to dinner with Stan and Kayti at the Melting Pot to eat fondue for mine & Kayti's birthdays, which are both in April. It was yummy and we had a great time. The second picture is a cute gift basket filled with candy and gift cards - a birthday gift to me from Stan, Kayti, & Ty. It was such a cute idea and allowed for lots of date nights for me and matt!

Adam & Scarlet got married on May 1, 2010. We were happy to celebrate with them and all of Matt's family! It was a beautiful day and a beautiful ceremony - I wish I could post all the pictures I took without being obnoxious! We had a great time and are so happy for Adam and Scarlet.


To be continued...



No comments: