Monday, July 21, 2008

Since I have some down time...


Matt is off perfecting his burrito making skills at Moe's where he sometimes spends over 40 hours a week working hard. In fact, last week he sent me a text message to let me know he was at work and instead of saying "I'm at work", he mistakenly said "I'm home"... haha! He is now the assistant general manager and although it's not the ideal job, i think he enjoys being on top. I'm really proud of him and how hard he's been working...
I, on the other hand, am lucky to work 10 hours a week! I work as a cashier at publix, but because orlando is such a big college town, so many have transferred to nearby publix stores (as i have), which limits hours. God has blessed me with a new friendship this summer, though, with a fun Christian girl named Danielle. It works out great that she's in both of the classes i'm taking this summer, so we can be study buddies! although i'm afraid we laugh more than we study sometimes! ;)
Tonight is a "bum night" as i am by myself, which is somewhat lonely, but i think i'm coming down with a cold so wrapping up in a blanket and putting in a good movie sounds great! (although, i should be getting to my essay!) I think i'm somewhat sleep deprived because my sister, Amy, was here visiting this past weekend, and we were up late everynight - and sleeping in just doesn't make up for that lost sleep! I was glad to see her, and my parents when we met to pick up and drop off. I miss them all. We had a good time and got to see the batman movie, which was awesome! :) although i've never been to such a huge movie on opening night! (us poor college kids can't afford going to the movies too often -hah!) the lines were insane when we got there - and we arrived 50 minutes early! but our seats were good and the movie was even better!
Amy & I have gotten closer over the years, although we have very different personalities. When we were younger, we had very different ways of getting our point across. While I was more direct and aggressive, amy was a little more passive. For instance, when amy didn't like a specific lotion fragrance i was using, she would hide it from me so i couldn't use it - she would even help me look for it! i would be so confused as to where it went, only to discover it in her dresser drawer weeks later! hah! I always found it to be humorous. My mom always warned me to be nice to my sisters (I have two), because they'd always be around...although i swore i'd never be around them if we didn't live in the same house, but now i understand what she meant. They are my truest friends. :)
-Ashley

2 comments:

JSG said...

Hi Lovebirds!
Matt's former English teacher wonders when he'll be posting ;-)
Your thoughts on sisters are so very true. Now that I don't live with (or even near) my 2 sisters, I wish they could be closer. Growing up, I wished they were further!

Ashley said...

hi! :)
Aren't sisters great? :) I've read a few of your blogs, by the way, and they're so entertaining!
Matt actually posted a short blog last night!