Sunday, October 14, 2012

7 Months, 7 Questions

Two things that just don’t seem possible: 1. It is already the second week of October & fall is officially here! (Stay tuned, I will post some pictures of our ever-changing fall decorations) 2. It has been 7 months since our big day! You know that feeling where, on one hand, it seems like just yesterday but on the other hand, it seems like it has always been this way? Yep.

Matt is really good about making our “monthiversaries” (yes, really) special & he brought me 7 roses to celebrate…you know, for 7 months of wedded bliss. He is just the sweetest.

I thought it would be fun to interview Matt so, in honor of our 7-monthiversary, I give you… 7 questions, complete with answers:

 1.  If you won the lottery, what are the first three things you would do and which are the five things you’ve been most longing for, that you would buy?
First 3 things I would do:
1. Quit my job and finish school much faster.
2. During the summer vacation, take a trip with my lovely wife around the world- specifically Europe
3. Serve in a foreign country with my wife, maybe somewhere in Africa.
First 5 things I would buy:
1. 2 new Honda’s- An Accord sedan for you, and a Ridgeline for me
2.  Two iPhones- one for me and one for you
3. A small house for us that has a garage
4. A pair of jet skis
5. Barney’s suit collection from HIMYM

2.  If your house was on fire and you had a chance to grab only five things before leaving, they would be…
1. My wife
2. Our Oliver
3. Our lockbox with personal documents
4. The valet where I keep the ring my dad gave me
5. My wife’s wedding dress

3.  What is your favorite childhood memory?
One of two things- Getting a red card in the championship match in a soccer tournament. I can remember that the coach let me out of the goal to try to help the team be more physical, and I slide tackled a member of the opposing team from behind. It was great -- he fell right on his face. The ref threw me out of the game, but that was the turning point for our team. The coach gave me the winning ball.
If not that, then winning prom king. There were three Matt’s up for the honor, so I really wasn’t sure if he called my name at first. It was an awesome night – one that I contribute some portion of how Ashley and I began our relationship. Apparently girls like to wear royal crowns.

4.  If you were an animal what would you be? Why?
A lion for two reasons- 1) They are king of the jungle. 2) The Lion King was my favorite Disney movie.

5.  Biggest goal(s) for the next five years?
Just one-Earn a degree

6.  If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
I wouldn’t want to stay in one place. I would like to be on a rotating schedule where I have seasonal homes in Colorado, Charleston, Virginia, San Diego, Europe, some unnamed Caribbean island. All over the place.

7.  When you think of adventure what comes to mind?
Speed and height. Right now? Felix Baumgartner


& since you guys have been SUCH great readers, here is a bonus question (okay, two – what? it was hard to choose which ones to share!):

-          What do you want to be when you grow up?
A father (and an engineer)

-          If you were immortal for a day, what would you do?
Immortal or Invulnerable? If nothing caused me harm, I would try to leap across rooftops and free-climb skyscrapers.


There you have it – some fun facts about my sweet hubby who, despite my imperfections, loves me so perfectly.



No comments: