Tuesday, September 11, 2012

{One Year, Three Mrs. Furlongs}


Well, my title as the newest Mrs. Furlong didn’t last long! Actually, let’s call it my reign as the newest Mrs. Furlong. I know, I know… just go with it.

Just this past weekend, Matt’s cousin, Charlie, married his beautiful bride, Jackie. Unfortunately, Matt & I weren’t able to be at the wedding in Kentucky. Stan, Kayti & Katie were thrilled to be there, along with other Florida family, and they sent us pictures of the beautiful day – so it almost felt like we were there with them. Almost.

Needless to say, she is now the newest Mrs. Furlong! My reign has ended & I pass the torch. Actually, let’s call it a crown – a really sparkly crown. Okay…My reign has ended and I pass the really sparkly crown to the newest Mrs. Furlong – to serve faithfully as long as they both shall live. I’d like to thank my loving husband, my family & friends, my fans…

Now although Jackie is just now embarking on her reign as the newest Mrs. Furlong, I have an announcement to make. Brace yourself – ready? There will actually be a THIRD Mrs. Furlong this year! Yep, those Furlong boys are just snatching up their brides left & right. Actually, let’s call them queens. Okay, fine – brides.

I am so thrilled to share that Matt’s brother, Josh, has popped the question to his official bride-to-be, Sarah!  They will be saying their “I do’s” in December and I am SO excited. There is just something about weddings that make me beam from ear to ear – ahh, love is in the air! I haven’t told Sarah about the really sparkly crown yet, but I just know she will be ecstatic (I mean, who doesn’t love a really sparkly crown?).

Here they are – aren’t they just the cutest?



What year of changes, right? A new husband, a new last name, a new family, and soon a brand new sister to add to the mix.

We went to lunch with them on Sunday to celebrate – ta da! The future Mr. & Mrs.


We also walked the aisles of Target with them as they proceeded to do one of the most fun things about being engaged – um, register! *beep, beep* - it’s hard not to get excited with those little scanners in hand! Once decorated, their new place is going to just be the cutest!

So there you have it – one year, three Mrs. Furlongs. I respectfully step down from my reign and pass the really sparkly crown – make us proud, girls, make us proud.

2 comments:

Jessica Collier said...

So happy for all the Mrs. Furlongs! Present and future...so many queens. This makes me wish Will had a sister to share being a Mrs. Zavala with but I guess this means I get the sparkly crown all to myself for now :)) love all your posts!! <3

Ashley said...

Yes - the really sparkly crown all to yourself! That's the spirit! I don't know if the world could handle 2 Mrs. Zavalas ;)