Well, the countown has officially begun! We are only 15 days away from our BIG day!
We have spent months researching ideas and vendors, making decisions, planning & working to bring our vision together. Even though we still have a few loose ends, we are almost done! It's so hard to believe that we are this close! I feel like we JUST got engaged - I blinked my eyes - and bam! Here we are!
We have recently been enjoying (and are so thankful for) celebrations in our honor. We have been blown away by how generous people have been, and how eager they are to help us build our home as we get started. We are anticipating the arrival of out of town family who are coming in to celebrate with us on our big day (the first being my cousin and bridesmaid, Rachel, who is flying in from Japan TONIGHT!)! We are so thankful for the help we have had from our families and loved ones in working on DIY projects, brainstorming, and pulling the details together. It would certainly be impossible to do it on our own!
Matt and I picked up our marriage license last week and are officially licensed to wed! This past Wednesday I had my final dress fitting and was so pleased that it fit perfectly - I can't wait to wear it and see Matt's face! I also had a trial run for my "wedding hair do" this past Friday. I ended up deciding on a style that was different than what I originally thought - I am so glad I had the trial run! My mom, grandma (Mamaw), sisters, Matt and I have been working hard on the decor this past week. We have finished up all of the pieces and projects, with the exception of one that will be just perfect when it is finished! For Valentines day, we purchased our wedding bands - they are beautiful!
I am so excited. I am excited about the day, the ceremony, the reception. I can't wait to get ready and feel beautiful and to stand in front of my very soon-to-be husband. I can't wait to make vows to love and cherish him for the rest of my life. I can't wait to dance for the first time as husband and wife. I can't wait to celebrate with our families and with our friends and loved ones who are coming from all over to be with us. I can't wait to be a bride, but even more than that - I can't wait to be a wife.
Matt and I were very fortunate to find a perfect little townhouse to call home. We have started moving some of our boxed up belongings and furniture into our home. We take trips there to unpack our things and decorate. I love thinking about how, in just two more weeks, we will both be living there. I can't wait to make dinner together, to do laundry together, to watch movies together - anything and everything - together as husband and wife!
We are also looking forward to our first vacation alone! We are taking a cruise for our honeymoon and we just can't wait. Our ship has some really neat things to do such as iceskating and surfing on board! We are going to Jamaica and Haiti - it is going to be beautiful!
This is such a fun and exciting time in our lives! Please pray for us as we prepare our hearts to become one. It is our goal and desire to build a marriage with God as our foundation and with a dedication to each other that does not falter. Please pray that our day is stress-free and beautiful (as well as the days leading up to it). I don't want to worry or stress during this time - I want to enjoy every moment! It is once in a lifetime!
No comments:
Post a Comment