Thursday, February 10, 2011

Just a few months away...

It is so weird to think that on May 7th I will graduating from college. I feel like I just started out this chapter of my life and it is already over! Don't get me wrong, I am so ready to be done with school, but leaving this life that I have built here will be difficult. I am getting excited about the changes but also really nervous and anxious. There are so many unanswered questions, the biggest one being what path to pursue as a career. I have so many passions and interests and I don't know what the right choice is for me.

I know that God has a plan for my life, and that he will reveal it to me piece by piece when I can handle it and in His time. Something that God has been showing me recently is how important it is to embrace the time that we have now. I have found myself recently starting to "pull away" or "phase out" things that I am involved in or people that I know now, because I know that in just a short amount of time I won't have those opportunities anymore. I think that I do this as a way to keep myself from getting involved or being vulnerable with people that I may not know or see after the next year. I have found myself planning ahead instead of being here, now. I know that God has me here for a reason and a purpose. I want to be used by Him and I don't want to with-hold myself from anything because of what my future may or may not hold. I have the opportunity now to invest in others and to be invested in. There are people in my life now that may need my encouragement, and there are people that I may need to encourage me and bless me. The point is, God has me here and I need to embrace every opportunity to fulfill the purpose He has for me. I need to allow myself to be vulnerable and open and committed now, despite what may come in the next couple of months. There is so much that God is showing me, and I am so excited to full-heartedly live my final few months here!

No comments: