So, the school semester has started, and this one is a little different for Ashley and myself. If you haven't talked to Ashley, she met a wonderful young lady, by the name of Danielle, who is a psych major as well. They get along great(they're both really strange. ha.). And Danielle is a Christian, which is very good for Ashley to have in her company. Also, Megan Monday is back in our lives, having moved down to Orlando for school this semester. So, we have had the opportunity to spend more time with Danielle, Megan and Taylor Davis. We've gone to lunch, tried to watch Ironman, been to the UCF v. SC State football game, gotten dinner at CPK, and dived into some Jeremiah's gelati's. delicious. We've been socializing a lot more. I've been working a little less, but we're still both taking full course loads.
Classes have been good so far. Ashley and I spent $976 on books. Ashley spent 600 of it on hers. But Financial Aid comes out this week, so I'll be sittin pretty. I like my classes. I have a Humanities class who Chris, my GM from Moe's, is taking with me. It'll be pretty easy. I am also in Physics II, Calc III and Statics for Engineering. Those three classes make me feel like I sit through the same class for three and a half hours, because they cover such similar material at this point.
So, I started writting this blog earlier this week. It saved itself automatically, but I dont exactly remember where I was going with it at all. I'm just gonna pick up from tonight...
Tonight was the pre- UCF v USF 1st annual "Bull's BBQ." (complete with mechanical bull, live baby bulls, rib eating contest, and trivia contest.) Following the "pep rally" was IronMan, on the huge inflatable screen in front of the Arena.(this time it actually worked) That was just another fun activity for Ashley, me, Megan, Taylor, and Jarrid Clark to enjoy together.
I must say though... As I was sitting there, watching the movie, it hit me. Out of no where, I realized how lucky I was. I realized how years later, when my children are looking around for schools to attend we can come check out UCF where "Dad" went. I realized that we might drive around the campus, and that these memories that I'm making this very moment will come back to me. I realized that I'm going to think back to the friends I had, the family that loved me, the plans we made, the things we went through, the dreams that I had with Ashley, and how they came together, and evolved over time. I just realized that I am blessed. I know that I should enjoy it. I know that I am enjoying it. I just feel like I was taking it all for granted, and I won't anymore.
With that said, tomorrow is the big game of the year. UCF v. USF. Our biggest rivals, and probably the best team we'll play all year, if they're as good as they were last year. It's kind of a big deal, and the student body knows that. For every home game we have I, as a student, can put my name into a lottery. They take all names that were placed in the lottery, and distribute randomly names to have tickets to that week's game, until they fill up the student section. Well, every game, every one that enters the lottery receives a ticket, except for this one. This one is PACKED. It's sold out weeks in advance. Also, there are thousands of students who enter the lottery, and don't get a ticket. Megan and Taylor were fortunate enough to be two of the first 1000 people who attended the Volleyball game on Tuesday, so SGA rewarded them with a ticket to tomorrow's game. Ashley and I however, had to work on Tuesday, so we were stuck relying on the lottery. Well, we ended up, some how, getting tickets. Not just the both of us, but Danielle as well. We are very happy to be going, as this will be our second game, but our first at this level of excitement. I just hope that God keeps us safe as we make our way through the mobs of intoxicated football fans, and that UCF kicks butt. ha.
Well, it's almost 4 in the morning. I was out late with the roommates skating in the parking garages, and I'm exhausted. That combined with the fact that I have a long day ahead of me, I will be heading to bed now. I hope you all enjoyed reading my epic novel, and continue to keep in touch. good night.
2 comments:
So excited to see a post and hear how you are doing. I am glad that this year is more like the college experience I wanted for you(and like the one I had). You are right, these times are important and the friendships and shared experiences will be memories you will look back on for the rest of your life. I miss you guys something fierce but wouldn't want it any other way. I love you both, Mom
While at UF in the "old days" I remember the football frenzee each weekend, the swamp was real even then and could it be heard to "roar" every time the team hit the field. I spent alot of time at the Baptist Student Center while I was there and went out with the mission teams several times that year.
When I transfered up to St. Luke Nursing School--life changed a bunch. Uniforms, quiet classes and no football teams. In that transfer, there was also a completion of my direction in life and I have never looked back. Grama K
Post a Comment